Being an Entrepreneur
WHO ARE WE LOOKING FOR?
Individuals who wish to pursue and prove/improve their technological idea prior to starting a business in Brighton. Your technical interest area should match the interest of a researcher or research group in the University.
You must not be subject to a bankruptcy order or a personal trust deed.
- You should have the personal resources and resolve to see through your idea to trading and be intending to commence business in 12 months or less.
- You should be able to work with people in a University environment.
- You must have clearly identified your background intellectual property (IP) and be ready, if able, to lodge a GB Patent application.
- You must have clean access to your IP and be able to evidence the right to use it.
- You must be a graduate of a recognised University.
WHAT KIND OF HELP IS AVAILABLE?
You will be assigned an academic host and a business mentor, introductions to contacts and understanding of the process of business building will all be key elements of help.